Here is a fun post for you, guys! What do you do with your cosmetic items – do you use them as directed on the package or do you try to find different uses for each one? I used to only apply blush on my cheeks, eye shadows on my eyes, lipstick on the lips etc. until I got bored with all of my makeup. So instead of buying a whole new pile of cosmetics and to bring the fun back into my routine I started experimenting with my current products, and suddenly I had a closet full of new makeup! By now you already know that I am a Starlooks Starbox subscriber, and what especially appeals to me is their monthly themed Look Books where they encourage us to find multiple uses for their beauty products.
I was recently contacted by a Starlooks PR representative with an opportunity to review some of their products of my choice. I didn’t have to think too hard about this one, because I had my eyes set on their Brow Shader Kits and Infinity Lipsticks.
When I requested the Brow Kit I had no idea that we’d be getting them in our May Starboxes, so I was sent a duplicate May Starbox. You can find the review with swatches here. And here’s the look I created with the products from that Starbox that I only posted on Glamorable Facebook page, so probably not all of you have seen it yet 🙂
Now the lipstick is definitely a new discovery for me, and I couldn’t be happier with the results. First of all, the color – Endless – is absolutely fabulous! It’s a universally flattering shade that would look good on anyone.
I used it on the lips, cheeks and upper eye lids, and to my surprise, it blended fairly well and stayed put for the rest of the day, but I had to reapply it on my lips twice after lunch and dinner to liven up the color. I also didn’t have feathering problems, despite not wearing a lip pencil. And best of all, it didn’t seem very drying, unlike most long-lasting lipsticks I’ve tried in the past. [L’Oreal, I’m looking at you!] Not going to lie, it did crease a bit on my eyes, but it’s a lipstick, after all. Maybe it would behave differently if I primed my eyes first, but the purpose of this post is to use very few products, so the primer can wait until next time 🙂
And now the really fun part! For this entire look I only used THREE products plus my usual BB Cream that I actually count as skin care.
- Step 1: I slathered BB Cream all over my face in the morning, as usual. But you can use your favorite foundation and/or concealer.
- Step 2: Apply Infinity Lipstick* on the lips, cheeks, and upper eye lid crease starting from the middle and going outward (be careful and don’t let it get in your eye). Blend well, and enjoy the gorgeous color!
- Step 3: Outline your eyes with the darkest shade in the Brow Shader Kit in BS3*like you would with a regular eyeliner, wing it if you want. Put a dab of the lightest color in the inner corners of your eyes to make them look more awake.
- Step 4: Take the lightest color in the Brow Shader Kit* and pat it on your top eye lid starting from the inner corner and until about 2/3 through.
- Step 5: Mix all four shades from the Brow Shader Kit* to create a custom color that matches your brows, then fill them in.
- Step 6: Apply two coats of your favorite mascara, for this look I used Starlooks Lengthening Mascara.
And here it is, the super duper easy look, and we only used three products! [Or four, if you count Bb Cream as makeup] Enjoy!
Discount code: If you wanted to try Starlooks products, there is an amazing active discount code for 35% off your entire order at Starlooks.com, just enter IPSY at checkout. The code is valid through 7/15/2013.
Disclosure: The products marked with an asterisk * were provided to me for the purpose of reviewing, received as a free sample or a sweepstakes prize. Everything else was purchased by me with my own money. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255 : “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”