I have heard of Skyn ICELAND before but never had a chance to try their products. Recently I got my hands on one of their bestsellers – Icelandic Relief Eye Pen, and decided that it’s definitely worthy of writing a review about. The text on the package promised to instantly help with all the main beauty issues caused to our eyes by stress: make the dark circles and crow’s feet less visible, reduce the redness and inflammation, improve the skin firmness, and reduce puffiness; and looks like they weren’t lying about it!
One of the things I liked about this pen was the soft silicone applicator, so you don’t really need to touch your eyes with your fingers to apply the product. The cream has a very smooth texture and leaves a cooling sensation on the skin, which makes tired eyes feel especially good and rejuvenated; it works kind of like a cold homemade compress, but with more benefits. My under-eye area looked tighter and fresher instantly, this is one of those products that you can “feel” when it starts working right away!
Now about the amazing ingredients that make these miracles happen:
- Vitamin K helps increase circulation to help diminish dark under-eye circles
- Rice Peptides help firm the skin by destroying the enzymes that break down collagen and elastin
- Orange Peel helps reduce puffiness
- Cotton Powder fills fine lines and acts as an optical diffuser to make wrinkles and dark circles less visible
- Icelandic Kelp helps revitalize the skin and fight inflammation
This little pen is very convenient to carry around in your purse or a pocket, since it doesn’t take any space at all, and it’s great to use under your make up when you freshen it up during the day. I thought it makes a pretty good base for under-eye concealer too, because it evens out the skin surface by filling out the fine lines and small creases, which makes the eye area look young and fresh.