I love rocking curly hairstyles, because they give body and volume to my otherwise fine and flat hair. While on the hunt for that perfect hair curler, I came across T3 Twirl 360 Motion-Sensing, Auto-Rotating 1.25” Curling Iron. That barrel size proved to be ideal for my locks in the past, so I expected good things from it.
Our new one-of-a-kind gyroscopic curling iron features patent-pending motion-sensing technology and an auto-rotating barrel to create beautiful curls and waves with a simple turn of your wrist. The Twirl 360 senses the movement of your hand and automatically rotates in the desired direction, forming polished, perfect curls every time. With 5 heat settings, 2 speeds, and T3 Tourmaline + Ceramic technology, the Twirl 360 is ideal for any hair type or skill level and delivers shiny waves and curls that last.
This curler not only looks impressive, but features some stays-of-the-art technology, aimed to create perfect curls each time:
- T3 Gyroscopic Technology that senses the movement of your hand and automatically rotates the barrel in that direction, ensuring tight grip on the strand for the most perfect and even curl.
- Digital SinglePass™ Technology constantly measures and readjusts the heat in the barrel to make sure it’s evenly distributed.
- T3 Tourmaline + Ceramic coating emits negatively-charged ions and infrared heat that reduce drying time and damage to hair.
- Ionic charge seals the cuticles to make the hair appear smoother and shinier.
- 5 Heat Settings up to 410F to style any type of hair, including baby fine and ethnic coils.
- Cool Tip makes it easier to handle the iron.
- 2X Speeds for different skill level and hair length.
- T3 Twirl 360 also comes with a limited 2 year warranty, with an extensive list of service and repair options.
I already know that all curlers create different styles, so I was curious what this one will make of my hair. As it turns out, the result looked like those lovely cool-girl waves that are so popular on Instagram right now. Here’s how I achieved mine [it’s really easy and you probably don’t even need a tutorial].
1. Shampoo & condition your hair, and let it dry, then spread a little bit of style-holding product throughout the whole length. I used a pea-sized dollop of Living Proof Prime Style Extender, but you might need more or less, depending on the hair length and texture.
2. Curl medium-sized sections of your hair. I didn’t specifically measure each section, but they were all about 2”-3” wide.
3. Brush the curls with a wide paddle brush.
4. Use a styling wax or pomade to add some texture. I rubbed a pea-sized amount of Wella Pearl Styler Styling Gel between my palms and quickly ran them through my hair for that slightly lived-in look.
Creating this hair style was very easy and didn’t take much time at all – that self-rotating barrel definitely helped shorten the curling time. I’ve used this curler about a dozen times now, and compiled the list of pros and cons that might help make a decision if you’re thinking about getting this one.
- The gyroscopic technology is highly responsive and works well, effectively reducing the curling time.
- The design is undeniably elegant and sleek. It would be a stylish accessory in any bathroom.
- These is no noticeable damage to my hair, while with some other curlers it was very evident.
- The results are predictable, and I got perfectly shaped curls every single time.
- The barrel heats up in less than a minute.
- The waves seem to lose their shape faster than usual, compared to other curlers.
- Some fellow bloggers reported that the hair clip can’t withstand the heat from the barrel. Apparently, the glue connecting some parts in the clip melted and the clip just fell on the floor. According to different reports, this happened on their 3rd or 4th use, so mine is probably safe, since I used it a whole lot more than that, but I would definitely keep the store receipt just in case. My guess is that there’s a defective batch circulating among different retailers.
Overall, I am satisfied with T3 Twirl 360, and I like that instead of perfect princessy coils, it creates modern cool girl waves, that are great for everyday wear; I only wish they held up a little better, but maybe that’s just the bane of having baby fine hair.
P.S.: If you thought that I look a little tired in the photos, it’s because I am 🙁 I’m prone to chronic migraines, thanks to genetics, and have been battling a pretty bad one for the past few days. It’s hard to fall asleep when your normal feathery pillow feels like a pile of rocks.
Have you tried an auto-rotating curler before? Would you consider getting one to save time in the morning? Let me know in the comments below!
Disclosure: This post features products received for editorial consideration and may contain affiliate or referral links. For more details about my product review policy, copyright, and information about affiliate links, please refer to Disclosures & Content Use page.