|Carp photo credit: [email protected]|
The topic of worst and best beauty products is always a bit controversial. Usually these picks are purely subjective, and everyone has different experiences, sensitivities, likes and dislikes that help form an opinion about each specific item. However, some products are always mentioned more often than others, and that’s exactly what this list is made of.
All of the products in this post have been brought up several times by random individuals who have no connection with each other, so it’s safe to say that at the very least, some of these might prove to be disappointing for most of us. Just to be funny, we called this a Holy Carp list [as opposed to Holy Grail], and the picture above pretty much shows a carp origami made with money 🙂
- Maybelline Great Lash Mascara – a surprising pick, considering how popular it seems to be. All of the ladies who mentioned this one said that it does virtually nothing for their lashes, it’s streaky and too wet.
- Almay Eye Makeup Remover Pads – Several people mentioned that these pads were too oily and always left nasty residue behind.
- LiSi Eyeliner – Bad formula, bad wand, and the eyeliner just flakes off soon after it dries.
- LiSi Lip Gloss – “Lisi has the worst lipgloss I’ve ever used. It had no redeeming qualities”, said Rachel. I agree, this was probably the worst gloss I have ever tried, with it’s sticky formula and gritty texture.
- eos Lip Balm – I partially agree with this pick, because I tried most of the varieties, and none of them were very moisturizing. It works great as a lipstick primer, though.
- Maybelline BB Cream – “Greasy orange mess. ‘Nuff said.” – Megan.
- Wet n Wild Mega Protein Mascara – Several ladies mentioned this mascara, and said it’s the worst they have ever used. It makes the lashes clump together and actually decreases the volume.
- Stainiac by theBalm – “I hate that stuff. It’s uneven as a lip gloss and I could never get it to work as a cheek stain. Is too sheer and then all of a sudden I look like a clown”, one reviewer said, and many people agreed with that statement. I also tried Stainiac, and I agree that it’s a PITA to work with.
- MOR Lip Macaron – another one of my picks. I thought it was impossible to mess up a petroleum jelly based lip product, guess I was wrong. All lip macarons come in gorgeous tins and smell wonderful, but they taste like plastic and made my lips look even drier than before.
- em Cosmetics Lash Gallery Mascara – One of the reviewers called it “insanely goopy and clumpy”, which is not a good thing for mascaras.
- Ulta Brand products – Never tried any of them, but almost 60% of people mentioned that blushes, mascaras, eyeliners, lotions etc. were bad.
- Urban Decay 24/7 Eyeliners – Surprised to see UD liners on this list, but looks like several people mentioned that these just won’t stay put no matter what; they smear and crease like nobody’s business.
High end products:
- Le Metier de Beaute True Colour Creme Eye Shadows – this was my HC pick and it got seconded by several other ladies who also tried this disaster of an eye shadow. I did not expect such poor quality from a reputable brand like LMdB! These eye shadows crease almost immediately after the application and disappear from the lids in a couple of hours.
- Chantecaille Eye Shadows – “HOLY CARP, for what you pay, they should at least stay on. Even with a good eyeshadow primer, they’re gone by 10 AM. Save your money!”, rants Lisa.
Have you used any of these products before? What was the worst beauty product you have tried?