I’m sort of a hair care fanatic, and my collection of hair treatments can only rival my skin care stash. Yeah, I’m pretty serious about it! Today I wanted to bring to your attention this under-the-radar brand that you might have not heard of before, but they are definitely worthy of checking out. I’m talking about Regenepure and their Intense Biotin Conditioner, designed to nourish and treat both the scalp and the follicles for the most lustrous mane.
Regenepure Intense Biotin Conditioner unclogs the hair follicles while replenishing them with useful nutrients that are vital for hair growth. The formula is free of parabens, sulfates and fragrances, making it perfect for everyday use, especially for those with color treated and Keratin treated hair.
While there are hundreds [thousands?] of conditioners to choose from, the ones designed for hair growth and scalp scaling are in the minority. I tried several similar products from some popular salon brands, but they always cost an arm and a leg, although I can’t complain about their effectiveness. Believe it or not, but at $25 for a 8oz squeeze tube, Regenepure Intense Biotin Conditioner is actually on the lower end of the spectrum. I was curious to see how it compares to my other favorites, and it passed the three-week test run with flying colors.
The formula includes several key ingredients:
- Biotin – Improves hair thickness and increases elasticity, making the strands less prone to damage. It also nourishes the scalp and follicles to help promote future hair growth of healthy hair.
- Tea Tree Oil – Fantastic natural antiseptic that helps deal with scalp breakouts and also works as a mild astringent to make your skin produce less oil.
- Jojoba Oil – Known for its powerful nourishing properties, it helps moisturize the scalp and make the hair soft and shiny.
- Keratin – Fills in the microtears in your hair, making it look healthier and thicker, and also helps combat frizz.
- Silk protein – Helps strengthen the hair and seal in the moisture and nutrients, which results in an overall healthier appearance.
- Copper Peptides & Saw Palmetto – Both help clear the scalp from buildup of dead cells, styling products, excess oil, and other impurities, making the scalp feel “fresh”, if that makes any sense.
Ingredients: Aqua (Deionized Water), Aloe Barbadensis Leaf (Aloe Vera Gel) Juice, Cetyl Alcohol, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Butylene Glycol, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Phenyltrimethicone, Glycerin, Cetrimonium Chloride, Hydrolyzed Keratin, Dimethicone, Dimethiconol, Laureth-4, Laureth-23, Allantoin, Biotin, Dl-Panthenol, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Hydrolyzed Silk Protein, Serenoa Serrulata (Saw Palmetto) Extract, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Oil, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Cetrimonium Bromide, Dicetyldimonium Chloride, Isopropyl Alcohol, Equisetum Arvense (Horsetail) Extract, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Oil, Mentha Piperita (Peppermint) Oil, Menthol, Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Extract, Benzophenone-4, Thymus Vulgaris (Thyme) Extract, Copper Tripeptide-1, Potassium Sorbate, Methylisothiazolinone.
After using it for three weeks, I can say with certainty that Regenepure Intense Biotin Conditioner does in fact make my hair look and feel thicker, which is kind of a big deal, because normally it’s very fine and flat. As a result, that added thickness also helps with the volume, so I feel like I can finally get the desired “beachy waves” effect with my texturizing spray, instead of looking like a stack of hay [fellow girls with fine hair, you probably know exactly what I’m talking about lol].
Have you ever used thickening hair care products before? What’s your favorite? Let me know in the comments below!
Disclosure: This post features products received for editorial consideration and may contain affiliate or referral links. For more details about my product review policy, copyright, and information about affiliate links, please refer to Disclosures & Content Use page.