This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #MyBeachBlonde #CollectiveBias
If you live anywhere in the Northern hemisphere where it’s not sunshine and butterflies all year round, you are probably happy to finally bust out those dusty sundresses, shorts and skirts. With Summer right around the corner it’s time to rock fun carefree styles, including trendy beachy waves, that we’ve been seeing everywhere from the runways to fashion blogs.
Today I wanted to show you how I create perfect beachy waves on my fine hair using new John Frieda® Beach Blonde™ products. If you have the same hair type, you know that it can be incredibly hard to style it, and sometimes all it wants is to lay flat. Lucky for us, this particular style is ideal to give our fine locks the texture and the volume that we normally lack! Without further ado, here’s the tutorial.
1. Shampoo & condition your hair as usual. I used John Frieda® Beach Blonde™ Cool Dip™ Shampoo and Beach Blonde™ Smooth Seas™ Conditioner to cleanse my hair and scalp of any oils and product residue, and to prep it for styling. They both have this cooling minty fragrance that makes taking a shower extra refreshing, especially in the Summer.
2. Let your hair dry. This is more of a “messy” style, so it doesn’t really matter whether you blow-dry or air-dry your hair. Since air-drying is a healthier option, that’s what I usually do.
3. Detangle and brush your hair, because we’re about to give it some heat!
4. Using a curling wand, quickly curl 1″ sections of your hair. Don’t hold too long, because we want a loose beachy wave, not tight princessy coils this time. For example, I hold my fine hair for about 7 seconds before releasing.
5. After you’re finished curling all of your hair, comb through again and start spraying with a texturizer. I used Beach Blonde™ Sea Waves™ Sea Salt Spray starting from my ends and added some to the roots as well. Don’t forget to gently scrunch your waves while the texturizer is still wet, that’ll help it hold the shape better! Tip: I also flipped by hair back and generously sprayed at the nape of neck for additional volume.
And that’s it! This is a super easy way to achieve perfect beachy waves, and it makes your hair smell nice, too! If you’re into sweet and summery coconutey scents, you’re going to really enjoy this one.
By the way, John Frieda® Beach Blonde™ series is not just for blondes, because it doesn’t contain hair lightening/brightening agents. So regardless of your hair type or color, don’t shy away from this line – it’s designed for creating effortless beachy styles in a snap. I’m a redhead and I love it!
John Frieda® Beach Blonde™ products are already available in stores nationwide, I found them at Walmart in the “Conditioner” aisle of the Beauty area. Make sure to look down when shopping, as mine were placed on one of the bottom shelves.
Disclosure: This post features sponsored content and may contain affiliate or referral links. For more details about my product review policy, copyright, and information about affiliate links, please refer to Disclosures & Content Use page.