Last month I was browsing Memebox website and stumbled upon the presale page with upcoming boxes that you could buy at reduced prices. The contents were mystery, and the boxes themselves wouldn’t ship for a while, but I was running low on sheet masks and FOMO Mask Box sounded like the perfect thing at the time. Back during the golden days of Memebox madness, mask boxes have always been my favorite. Let’s see if this one lived up to its predecessors!
HOW IT WORKS:
Memebox is not a typical subscription service. They periodically curate bundles filled with assorted beauty products popular among Koreans, and those Limited Edition boxes are sold on first come first serve basis. Prices vary depending on the type of the box. All themed boxes tend to sell out fast, so by the time you read this review this particular box probably won’t be available for sale anymore. Click here to see available boxes.
- Use code LOVEYOURSKIN to get 15% off skincare in Memeshop.
- Use code WELCOME to get 15% off your first purchase. For first time customers only.
- Use code 101SMILES to get 10% off in Memeshop. Also works for boxes.
- Use code FRIEND20 to get 20% off $25+ order in Memeshop. For first time customers only.
- Use code FRIEND10 to get $10 off $50 in Memeshop. For first time customers only.
I paid $30 for this box after using the only discount coupon I could find at the time. FOMO Mask Box contained exactly 30 different sheet masks, so it’s like I paid $1 for each of them. Sounds about right, because that’s what I normally pay when I buy masks in bulk. While some of the masks were on the “basic” side, many of them were soft cotton and hydrogel, which usually cost quite a bit more than a dollar per.
Here’s the full list of masks included:
- Oozoo Face Injection Mask Hydrolift
- Prelab Skin Energy Mask Soothing Energy
- Prelab Skin Energy Mask White Energy
- Prelab Skin Energy Mask Aqua Energy
- Prelab Skin Energy Mask Wrinkle Energy
- Banobagi Vita Genic Lifting Jelly Mask x2
- Banobagi Vita Genic Whitening Jelly Mask x2
- Banobagi Vita Genic Hydrating Jelly Mask x2
- Banobagi Vita Relaxing Lifting Jelly Mask x2
- Urban Dollkiss Welcome to Korea Moistfull Mask
- Urban Dollkiss Welcome to Korea Solution Mask
- Urban Dollkiss Welcome to Korea Impact Essential Mask
- Urban Dollkiss Welcome to Korea Be-light Mask
- Urban Dollkiss Welcome to Korea Revital Mask
- Urban Dollkiss Welcome to Korea Skin-clean Mask
- Mediheal Ugrade I.P.I Lightmax Hydro Nude Gel Mask
- Mediheal Upgrade I.P.I Lightmax Ampoule Mask
- Mediheal Upgrade P.D.F A.C Dressing Ampoule Mask
- Mediheal Upgrade P.D.F A.C Defense Hydro Nude Gel Mask
- Mediheal Upgrade E.G.T Timetox Ampoule Mask
- Mediheal Upgrade N.M.F Aquaring Ampoule Mask
- Mediheal Upgrade N.M.F Aquaring Hydro Nude Gel Mask
- Mediheal Mask Dress Code Red Mask
- Mediheal Mask Dress Code Violet Mask
- Mediheal Mask Dress Code Blue Mask
- Mediheal Mogongtox Soda Bubble Sheet
Most of the masks above are available for sale at Memebox.com, and the prices vary from $2 to $8. Memebox estimated the value of the contents at $85, which is pretty good I think, especially for someone like me who uses masks daily or every other day, depending on my skin’s condition. There were some masks I didn’t care for [the currency masks], but I’ll use them anyway because I can’t think of anybody to dump them on. Anyway, so far I tried only three varieties: Welcome to Korea Moistfull Mask, Oozoo Face Injection Mask Hydro Lift, and Prelab Skin Energy Mask Soothing Energy.
Welcome to Korea Moistfull Mask was nothing special. It was hard to unfold, and the hydrating essence wasn’t really all that hydrating after all. I was curious about these because I love that quirky packaging, but I guess you can’t really judge the book by its cover. Long story short: save your money.
I was really interested in trying Oozoo Face Injection Mask Hydro Lift, because come on, who can resist a mask that comes with a syringe? When packaging becomes part of the fun, skincare turns from a chore into an experience. I loved how soft the cotton sheet felt on my face, hugging every curve and adhering like second skin. Afterward my face looked well-rested and dewy, but I can’t call this mask a must-have because I’ve tried better.
And finally, Prelab Skin Energy Mask Soothing Energy was the one I tried just a couple days ago. I didn’t expect much, because it’s an inexpensive mask, but I actually really liked it. These masks are drenched in essence, but the sheet holds all that moisture really well, so it doesn’t end up dripping or sliding off your face. My skin felt thoroughly quenched, cool, and comfortable, and I didn’t experience stinging, or any other discomfort. I think I might buy these again in the future, but not from Memebox – TesterKorea has better prices.
This is a great way to stock up on sheet masks and discover new favorites. Like any mystery box, there will probably be at least one dud, or a product you simply don’t like for one reason or another, but $1 per mask is still a great deal. I definitely look forward to trying other mask varieties included in FOMO Mask Box!
Have you purchased anything from Memebox recently? Do you like using Korean sheet masks? What do you think about Memebox FOMO Mask Box? Let me know in the comments below!
Disclosure: This post features products purchased by Glamorable and may contain affiliate or referral links. For more details about my product review policy, copyright, and information about affiliate links, please refer to Disclosures & Content Use page.