There are so many great beauty products out there, especially among Korean skin care brands. However, once in a blue moon you stumble upon a hidden gem that spoils you forever. That’s what happened when I tried LJH Tea Tree 90 Essence [$45 at Glow Recipe, use this link to get 15% discount on your first order] for the first time!
I wasn’t completely unfamiliar with it, because my fellow beauty bloggers raved about it when it first appeared in a Memebox last year. Since beauty products are so YMMV, I’m always a tad skeptical about those glowing testimonials. Now that I personally tried and tested LJH Tea Tree 90 Essence for about a month, I attest that my friends were absolutely right – this little bottle just might be the Holy Grail for people with oily/combination acne prone skin.
Before I get into more details, I want to note that in addition to oily t-zone and dry cheeks, my skin is also always severely dehydrated. That’s something I’ve been trying to fix for years, and so far only found a few products that really help me address all issues without making the situation even worse. If your skin is anything like mine, read on and see for yourself if LJH Tea Tree 90 Essence is something that could work for your skin, too!
I’ve always loved tea tree water in skin care. It just seemed to work so well for making existing breakouts appear less puffy and irritated. This essence uses tea tree extract in its purest form – in fact the name Tea Tree 90 Essence means that the product is basically 90% tea tree water, with the rest of the ingredient list taking the remaining 10%.
I started using LJH Tea Tree 90 Essence right around the time my hormonal acne kicks in, so for about a week or so it seemed like it wasn’t really doing anything. However, I know my skin all to well, and there were definitely fewer breakouts, and less prominent, too. When the hormones subsided, my skin had that beautiful glow that I only get after glycolic peels and facials. Having done neither, I knew that it had to have been the LJH effect!
A month later I still religiously use this essence twice a day by applying half a dropper to my skin sandwiched between toner and serum. LJH Tea Tree 90 Essence helped to regulate oil production so my t-zone is less greasy and the cheeks are less dry. I also never get breakouts anymore, aside from the usual hormonal ones, which are now fewer and less prominent.
Ingredients: Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Extract, Cellulose Gum, Sodium Hyaluronate, Trehalose, Centella Asiatica Extract, Hippophae Rhamnoides Extract, Biosaccharide Gum-1, Tremella Fuciformis (Mushroom) Extract, Buddleja Davidii Extract, Thymus Vulgaris (Thyme) Extract, Methyl Gluceth-20, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Seed Extract, Bambusa Textilis Stem Extract, Pinus Palustris Leaf Extract, Caprylyl Glycol, 1,2-Hexanediol, Butylene Glycol.
The essence was formulated without Parabens, Silicones, Colorants, Alcohol, Mineral Oils, and Water. COSDNA analysis a near-perfect ingredient list with only one very minor potential irritant – Butylene Glycol, which is listed dead last. The rest of the ingredients are moisturizers, antioxidants, astringents, and anti-inflammatory agents that will work tirelessly to soothe the skin and help it repair itself.
I would recommend trying this essence for anyone struggling with acne [hormonal or not] as an alternative to drying and irritating benzoyl peroxide. Because LJH Tea Tree 90 Essence is so gentle, it might actually help your skin recover on its own, while providing anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties to enhance other skin care products in your regimen. I already bought a spare because I never want to run out, with three more bottles coming from Korea.
Have you tried LJH Tea Tree 90 Essence or any other LJH products? Do you like Korean skincare? Have you shopped at Glow Recipe before? Let me know in the comments below!
Disclosure: This post features products received for editorial consideration and may contain affiliate or referral links. For more details about my product review policy, copyright, and information about affiliate links, please refer to Disclosures & Content Use page.