Lovely Heather from BeautyLogging recently interviewed me for her blog. She covers a nice variety of beauty and fashion related topics, as well as fun articles and DIY tutorials. Want to know how to re-purpose your wedding decor? Check out her blog to find out!
Q: Tell me a little about yourself?
You can read my interview by clicking here or you can expand this post.
Thanks for stopping by! 🙂
Q: Tell me a little about yourself?
A: Whenever I talk to someone in real life for the first time, they always ask me where I’m from, because of my accent. I used to live in Moscow, Russia for most of my life, and only recently immigrated to the US in September 2011 after marrying my best friend of 10 years. Before we tied the knot I decided to squeeze as much out of my college years as possible by double and triple majoring for most of it, so I graduated with MA in Russian Philology, BA in Public Relations, BA in International Journalism and AA in Translation and Interpretation. Yup, talk about a nerd that never parties! I did, however, take 2-3 week vacations every 4-5 months, so it’s not like I never had any time off. Random fact about myself: my first part-time job was inline-skating instructor.
Q: What encouraged you to become a beauty blogger?
A: According to my mom I’ve been beauty obsessed ever since I was a toddler. I always played with her makeup palettes and pretty perfume bottles until she started buying me my own beauty goodies, I think it was all Barbie branded, but I’m not sure. I was tempted to start a beauty blog much sooner, but as you can see, my schedule was already pretty packed. Now that I’m living a much more relaxed life I can devote some time to my hobby, enjoy trying new products and share my opinions about them.
Q: What are five (5) beauty products you swear by, and why do you love them?
A: I had to really think hard about this one but here are my top five picks:
- Zents fragrances (all of them) – Zents’ founder suffers from chronic migraines, so he makes sure all of their fragrances are not headache-inducing by testing every single new formula on himself and his family. So far I’ve used four different Zents Eau de Toilettes and I swear by them.
- POND’S Luminous Clean Wet Towelettes – I love using cleansing wipes every day as a Step 1 in my evening routine, and often give different brands a try, but these are my absolute all-time favorites. They’re very moist and very gentle on the skin, and I even use them to take off eye makeup.
- Guerlain Noir G Mascara – Ok, I have to admit, my eyes (and my wallet) tear up every time I have to go buy a new tube and I get those crazy shoplifting ideas in my head for a moment. At $50 per tube, this mascara is just way too expensive, but it is hands down the best one I have EVER used, and I’ve used them all (ok, almost all!). It’s a perfect black color, with amazing formula and great wand that does everything for my lashes I want my mascara to do. Length – check! Volume – check! Thickness – check! Darkness – check! No clumps ever – check! Promotes lash growth – check! Bonus: it even smells good.
- Olay Professional Pro-X Advanced Cleansing System – This was my first face brush, I wanted to try what one feels like without dishing out big bucks for Clarisonic. I’ve been using it almost every day since I got it, and it’s now one of my daily staples.
- L’Occitane Immortelle Very Precious Regenerating Concentrate – my favorite serum for many years! It makes the skin softer, smoother and more radiant, heals pimples in a couple of days, and smells absolutely divine. Unfortunately, the product has been discontinued and I’m on my last bottle.
Q: One of your main focuses on your blog is subscription boxes. Which one is your favorite and why?
A: Right now I would say Yuzen Box is my favorite. I was sad to see them go quarterly, because I loved my little box of zen every month. I like it because I don’t think I’ve ever been disappointed with any of the items they sent out, and it’s always amazing value for the money.
Q: If I gave you $100 right now, what beauty product would you spend it on that you don’t already have?
A: A Clarisonic. There are so many other things I would rather spend my own $100 on, but if someone was to just give me the money, I would totally splurge on one.