Hi ladies, and welcome to Beauty Purge, an irregular series where I show you the products I recently purged from my stash. All items featured in these posts are unfinished, either because they are way past the expiration date, contaminated/smell funny, gave me a reaction, or simply because I don’t like them anymore. To kick off the series I went through my stash of lip glosses and discovered quite a few that are probably never going to be used again. Here they are.
1. Jouer Moisturizing Lip Gloss in Pink Glace – I got this tiny sample in one of my Birchboxes last winter, and it just sat there in the drawer, unused, for almost a year. I didn’t really like it when I tried it, but didn’t feel like tossing it either. Looks like now’s the time.
2. Jouer Moisturizing Lip Gloss in Glisten – I guess Jouer formulas just don’t work for me. This slightly bigger sample has been in my drawer even longer than Pink Glace, and the smell makes me think it’s contaminated.
3. Too Faced Glamour Gloss in Barely Legal – When I got this lip gloss 3 years ago, I used it pretty often at first, and then moved on to other more colorful products. After three years any lip gloss would have to be replaced for sure, so that’s why I’m tossing it. Gotta say, I absolutely love the packaging on these!
4. Victoria’s Secret Beauty Dazzling Lip Gloss in Dazzling Coco – Total stunner! I love this lip gloss so much! It’s a shame I have to toss it, mostly because it’s definitely past the expiration date, but that gives me an excuse to buy another tube [and quite possibly a few more colors] next time I’m shopping at VS.
5. ModelCo Lip Pops Duo Lip Gloss and Lipstick – I used to like ModelCo formulas, but grew tired of this particular duo, so I haven’t used it for quite a while now. I can’t really give away a used lip gloss for sanitary reasons, and I don’t see myself using it again, so that’s why I’m tossing it.
6. Mary Kay Nourishing Lip Gloss in Beach Bronze – I received this lip gloss as a gift, and gave it a fair chance, before deciding that it just doesn’t work for me. The formula is just too gritty and sticky, and the color doesn’t work for my complexion.
7. OFRA Plumper Lip Gloss in Sultry – I received this lip gloss in Beauty Box 5 box, and really liked it at first, but then later realized that I never reach for it anymore. Instead of having it sit in the drawer and rot away, I’ll just toss it now.
8. BWC Beauty Without Cruelty Lip Gloss in Watermelon – I liked this lip gloss, but eventually switched to other brands/colors. When I dug it out, it kinda smelled funny, so I’m sure it went bad, and that’s why I’m tossing it. It really is a great lip gloss though, and I love BWC as a company and what they stand for. Check them out!
9. Victoria’s Secret Beauty Dazzling Lip Gloss in Dazzling Sangria – Just like Dazzling Coco, this lip gloss used to be one of my makeup staples. It looks absolutely stunning on! It’s ultra-glossy and super shiny, and makes my lips look amazing. A definite repurchase.
10. ModelCo SHINE Ultra Lip Gloss in Showgirl Red – More oldchool ModelCo goodness. I got this one in one of my first ever Birchboxes, and at this point it’s probably contaminated to the point where it has its own little ecosystem thriving inside the tube.
11. NYX Girls Gloss in Apricot – I think these glosses have been discontinued for a while, and even though I like the color, I’m pretty sure it reached the expiration date. The formula just smells funky to me, and I personally wouldn’t use it again.
Well, that’s it for the lippie purge! As you can see, many of them are either lesser known or drugstore brands. Lately I got into department store and high end makeup, so I’ve been slowly upgrading my collection to reflect those new tastes. At this point in life I’m feeling a bit more established and financially secure, so I feel like I can afford a fancy lipstick or two without feeling guilty.