This post is sponsored by Alpha Skin Care but the content and opinions expressed here are my own.
If someone told you that you can transform your skin in just 10 days what would you do? I feel like my skin is in pretty good shape already, but it’s not perfect by any means, so I decided to give Alpha Skin Care challenge a try. For 10 days I replaced all of the bottles on my bathroom shelf with a customized Alpha Skin Care regimen, and the results are in!
My main skin concerns right now are uneven skin tone and dehydration, so I received a selection of products to specifically address those.
This is what my AM routine looked like for 10 days:
- STEP 1: Refreshing Face Wash ($7.99) – As you know, I no longer use harsh alkaline cleansers, so it was nice to discover a new one that my skin can tolerate. Refreshing Face Wash is pH-balanced and has a mild soap-free formula. It makes my skin feel so clean and supple, never stripped of moisture.
- STEP 2: Essential Renewal Lotion ($16.99) – I find it best to apply actives immediately after cleansing, so for the second step, I used this milky lotion with 10% AHA to gently resurface the skin.
- STEP 3: Enhanced Facial Moisturizer with SPF15 ($16.99) – You should always wear sunscreen in the daytime, but it’s especially important if you also use products that contain AHAs. Even though AHAs are great for anti-aging, they make your skin a little thinner and more prone to UV damage. This moisturizer is fantastic by the way! It felt soothing and comforting and gave my skin a lovely velvety finish without any white cast. It also wore well throughout the day, with or without makeup.
And my PM routine looked like this:
- STEP 1: Refreshing Face Wash ($7.99) – I’ve been following a dual-cleanse method for years so it was a little unusual to go down to just one product, but Refreshing Face Wash actually does a stellar job at removing makeup and impurities. I simply washed my face twice on rare days when I wore heavier base makeup, but on most days a single wash was enough.
- STEP 2: Renewal Body Lotion with 12% AHA ($16.99) – This body moisturizer contains 12% Glycolic Acid to gently exfoliate dead skin cells, and has a pleasant silky texture that doesn’t make my skin feel oily or greasy. It absorbs quickly, so I could jump into bed right away. It comes without a pump, but you can buy one from Alpha Skin Care for $1.25 if you prefer pump packaging.
- STEP 3: Dual Action Skin Lightener ($10.99) – I always save the most potent treatments for the nighttime, I feel like they work better for me that way. This concentrated serum contains 2% Hydroquinone and 10% Glycolic Acid, and I only use it on a few spots with persistent pigmentation on my chin, temples, and around my nose. Ten days is definitely not enough time to see the difference, but I used products with Hydroquinone before and they were pretty effective at improving hyperpigmentation, even though it takes several weeks for results to show.
- STEP 4: Essential Facial Moisturizer with Hyaluronic Acid ($14.99) – The name says it all, this is your every day [or every night, in my case] go-to moisturizer that helps keep the skin hydrated, soft and supple with an array of proven humectants. I chose to use it as part of my PM routine because I prefer moisturizers with SPF for the daytime.
It’s been a while since I posted a makeup-free selfie, so here you go!
Essential Facial Moisturizer has a really nice creamy texture and leaves my skin velvety soft.
Okay, so here’s what actually happened after 10 days using my new Alpha Skin Care routine. I was looking for products to address hyperpigmentation and dehydration, and my customized routine did exactly that, no more no less. From day one I felt like my skin was slowly coming back from being parched and tight to this healthy, supple state that made me think “ahh, this is what having normal skin must feel like!” I was especially impressed with the moisturizers, those textures are exactly what my skin is craving right now. Without them my routine would feel incomplete, that’s for sure. They kept my face balanced and hydrated in the AM and PM, while the actives were working their magic on areas with hyperpigmentation. So far after 10 days, I saw the most drastic improvement from using the Body Lotion. It slowly but steadily softened my rough knees and elbows, and even my husband commented on that because he likes to make fun of my flaky skin sometimes. 🙂
Overall, Alpha Skin Care gets two big thumbs up from me. Skincare can be very expensive, but this line is very reasonably priced, which makes it easier to try a variety of things to find the perfect regimen for your specific skin concerns. Those of you who avoid fragrance and parabens in cosmetics will be happy to know that Alpha Skin Care does not include them in their products.
Have you heard of Alpha Skin Care? What are your main skin concerns right now? Share in the comments below!